December 17, 2010

merry christmas apron

Besides some pillowcases I am (still!) making for my nieces and nephews, the only handmade Christmas gift I accomplished this year was for my friend, Sam, who watches Marcus once per week while I work at Charlie's cooperative preschool. Something you should know about Sam is that she is super stylish with an amazingly decorated house. Somehow Sam manages to fill her home with playful, creative things that are also functional and elegant at the same time. How does she do that?! I wanted to make her an apron that did that, too - so I went a little retro with this one.

I originally had another fabric in mind for the main panel of this apron, but I'm so glad I went with the turquoise. Very striking!

The turquoise fat quarter is from JoAnn fabrics, and I actually bought it with the intention of using it to line my gathered clutch, but decided to go floral instead. The white and black dot print is from Pacific Fabrics (forgot the designer, oops), and it is almost blinding when laid out as an entire yard, but just perfect (in my opinion) when used as trim.

Thanks for being so wonderful, Sam! And have a very happy Christmas, Everyone!

:) Shelly

1 comment:

  1. Lovely as always. Excited to wear my apron tonight while hosting the party. Wish you guys could be here!

    ReplyDelete