January 20, 2012

birthday cape for Marcus

Super Marcus turned 3 last week. This poor child has been coveting his brother's superhero cape for the last year now, so I finally made him one of his own.


Marcus chose the theme of his party - a Rainbow Party! I didn't go nuts on the rainbow theme, but I did satisfy him with a Skittles rainbow cake, lots of rainbow colored balloons, and a rainbow pipe cleaner craft. He wore his brother's cape for the entire party (while the one I was making him was sitting upstairs on my sewing table in pieces!).


Marcus went to the fabric store with me to choose his fabrics for his cape. He picked this train flannel from JoAnn's (which I also used a while back for Evan's cape) and some cool roadway flannel for the lining.


At first Charlie was very envious of Marcus' cape (my cape making skills have improved over the past 3.5 years!), but I quickly reminded him that he has not one, not two, but THREE superhero capes! This seemed to please him and he quit complaining.


Marcus' favorite part of his cape is the big M on the back. On his actual birthday he wore his cape on his scooter ride to pick up Charlie from school. It was the cutest thing, and I was enjoying it way too much to stop to take a photo of it. You'll just have to believe me.


Here's that roadway flannel from JoAnn's. I am cursing myself for not buying more when it was on super sale just before Christmas. I think I'm just too engrossed in all things pink.

:) Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment