This afternoon I cut out the pattern for Marcus' fireman Halloween costume. I am really looking forward to sewing it up because he has been joyously parading around the house in his fireman costume accessories.
This is the pattern I used for Charlie's spaceboy costume, and it just so happened that there is a fireman costume included in the pattern pieces! Love how that worked out! Even better is the fact that I purchased it on a day that JoAnn Fabrics was having a 99 cent sale on Butterick patterns. Sweet! I plan to make Marcus' fireman jacket black with yellow stripes... and I am making it out of flannel (for cozy softness) instead of vinyl. My choice of flannel seems kind of ironic for a fireman's coat since flannel is actually flammable. However, I am choosing to embrace the irony and continue with the flannel in hopes that it's snuggliness will encourage Marcus keep the coat on his body!
Too exhausted to sew tonight, but hoping to make some serious strides in costume completion this weekend.