August 29, 2010

frenchy bag for amy

This Amy Butler Frenchy Bag is for my SIL, Amy (Don't you just love it, Ams? I do! And it is so YOU!)

The fabric that makes up the main panels and straps is from Amy Butler's Nigella collection. The corduroy that makes the top panels of the bag is an extremely soft perfect match to the Nigella fabric (but not Amy Butler's). The funny thing about this fabric is that I just randomly added it to my online shopping bag so that my order would qualify for free shipping. It actually looked like a pale yellow when I viewed it online, so you can imagine my surprise when it was a perfect match to this fabric! With such an interesting design on the main panels and straps of the bag, I think a solid top panel was definitely the way to go.

I used a very light tan fabric with a subtle dot pattern for the inside of the bag. This should make it easy for Amy to find everything she needs and stay organized! It was hard to photograph the inside of the bag since the opening is kind of narrow, but inside the bag there are two large pockets, two smaller pockets, and a pocket that is the perfect width and height for an iPhone.

I just love this bag. I use mine all the time, and now I kind of want to make another one for myself that is more suitable for the fall and winter months... because one can never have too many bags, right?!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful. I can just picture this bag hanging on a rack at some upscale boutique. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lucky Amy! I'm diggin' that fabric!

    ReplyDelete