June 10, 2010

Coasters for Dad

It is truly amazing that I've gotten any sewing done. My little boys and I are in Chicago visiting my family, and I'm having a difficult time finding a moment to rest my weary bones, let alone to sew! I did manage to squeeze in some sewing time over the last couple of nights and during a brief "quiet time" today (which wasn't all that quiet, actually). I made some quilted coasters for my dad for Father's Day, using a lovely tutorial from Mother Lode.

I tried to use some manly fabrics to offset the girlieness of quilted anything. Hmmm. How do you spell "girlieness"? Was my attempt successful? Lack of sleep and utter exhaustion has left me a shell of a human, unable to spell.

Despite my fatigue, I did manage to sew some straight lines (on most of them, anyways)! And, please excuse my dark photos - I took these with my Blackberry.
I was quite pleased with how these coasters came out. A very charming little gift! Plus, they were really fun to make.
Don't they look snazzy on my dad's bar in the rec room? Too bad those wine glasses aren't full - I could sure use me some of that right now! I'll try to be civilized and wait until 5 pm.
I have another gift in the works, so stay tuned. Signing off from hot, sunny Chicagoland!







1 comment:

  1. Nice, hip coasters! So manly! That tutorial at Mother Lode is sooooooo much fancier than my practical post http://mytwopockets.blogspot.com/2010/04/sometimes-need-for-something-practical.html
    I need to find my "inner fancy"...
    Please send some Chicago sun back our way and I hope you get a civilized glass of something soon.

    ReplyDelete