December 17, 2012

captain america cape

As part of a fundraiser for Marcus' preschool, I donated a custom-made superhero cape. Archie's mom won the cape, and after she conducted a sleuth interview with her son, she told me that his perfect cape would have a Captain America theme with his favorite color, purple, worked into it.


She also suggested a purple satin lining. None of my capes have ever had a satin lining, but I loved it! Marcus told me that the satin was really silky, too.


The cape came together fantastically! The red and white stripe was not quite as wide as I would have liked, but it looked great with the blue and gold, anyways. I included a little purple on the back of the cape to tie the whole thing together. I think the Captain America vibe is definitely there! I sure hope Archie likes his cape. Making capes is probably my favorite sewing project, especially when the kids design them themselves.

I have a few more projects in the works. Hopefully I'll be back soon!

:) Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment