June 20, 2012

more felt flower wine charms

Today was the first official day of summer. Hooray! And, the school year is ending - which is hard for me to believe. I'm ready for summer, but... am I really ready for summer? I mean, I just got the hang of the school year schedule! Anyways, I've had a few thank you gifts in the works - this one was for a very special friend who hosted Marcus at a weekly playgroup in her home during the school year. 


Remember when Anna and I made these felt flower wine charms for our girls' weekend in Yakima, WA? Well, I thought that Sam would love some brightly colored stemware adornments, as well.


Both the felt flower cut-outs and wooden beads were purchased at JoAnn Fabrics. Simple black elastic holds it all together. Working with these cheerful colors was a real pick-me-up after the long day I had last week when I made them. And, speaking of long days, I just came back into the house (shortly after 9 pm) from reading a book on my porch. Hello, summer! Your arrival has been much anticipated!

:) Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment