June 17, 2011

auction preparations

Things have been crazy-busy for me lately, but I am working on a new project. I'm making a couple of bags like the one I made for my mom. I am making these bags as auction items for Bo M. Karrlson Foundation this August.


So far all I've done is choose the fabrics. Anna and I spent our Thursday Night Sewing Club at the fabric store (and at Baskin Robbins) last night since we both had no projects to work on (yet). It was fun to have a night out on the town, even if we were both home by 9pm.

The Bo M. Karlsson Foundation is a wonderful charity that provides funding for women in Nepal to seek higher education. Chris and I worked for this non-profit for several years, and though we are taking some time off, we are still helping out with the Foundation's huge fundraiser event: The fourth annual Mahilaa Night. This year it will take place on the evening of August 13th at the Youngstown Cultural Arts Center. It is a fantastic social event of Nepali food, performances, and an excellent silent auction. If you are local and would like an invitation, please contact me.

:) Shelly

No comments:

Post a Comment