March 15, 2011

fraternal twin owls

Last weekend I made these cute little owls for my friend, Aya, who is about to have twin girls!

I used this tutorial (and pattern) from Toad's Treasures. These owls were very fun to make, and the project was a big-time fabric scrap buster! Gotta love those!

I stumbled upon the tutorial after seeing my friend, Karen's, owls made from the same pattern at her house. She used fleece, knit, and felt to make her owls, so they were especially soft and cuddly. I chose to use flannel for the body, cotton for the wings, and felt for the eyes, beak, and feet. You know me and my flannel obsession!

Is it bad that I have a favorite? You should never have a favorite twin, right? Well, I don't give a hoot (ha!)... the yellow one is my favorite!

I'm kind of sad that they've already flown away to their new nest in Aya's babies' nursery. I know they will be very happy there, though.

:) Shelly

1 comment: