May 9, 2010

Love for Mom

I hope all of you moms out there had a fabulous Mother's Day. My mom received her gift from me on Friday, and she loved it. Here's a peak...

Yep, another apron, made using this excellent tutorial. I just love these aprons! Plus, my mom and dad just updated their kitchen (beautiful - I'm so envious!), so I thought that my mom could use a cute apron to go with her lovely new space. I made this apron with a pocket, which I am quite pleased with. The pocket idea came about because I found a little imperfection in this gorgeous fabric (of course I found it after I had sewn the whole apron together), and I figured a pocket would cover up the imperfection and add some extra cuteness at the same time.

I also made her some hot pads using this great tutorial from Sew Darn Cute. I had a heck of a time with the bias tape. I think my struggle was mostly due to not using enough pins. I fixed the bias tape by using a fancy stitch to tighten it all up. Adding this bias tape to trim the pocket on the apron helped to tie everything together.

Here's a photo of my wonderful mom. This was taken last Christmas with Charlie - I searched for a picture of the two of us together, but it seems that one of us is always the one taking the picture, so there are no photos of me and my mom! That will certainly have to be fixed when I'm back in Chicago in June!!

This is a photo of Chris and his mom. Today was our second Mother's Day without her, and we miss her so much. She was a great mom.

I had a lovely Mother's Day. I even got a little bit of sewing time in, but I wasn't very happy with my results. I'll get back on the horse tomorrow, though - and hopefully I'll have something to show for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment