March 28, 2010

Girlie Gardening Aprons


Happy Spring!

A first birthday present - for two little birthday girls! I made this gardening apron (aka: toolbelt) using the fabulous toolbelt tutorial from Make It and Love It. Our awesome weather on Saturday and the sweet birdies & flowers fabric encouraged me to go the gardening route with the toolbelt. I also decided to mix-it-up with denim and different bias tape. I was quite pleased with the result.


When picking up the plastic kid's gardening rake and shovel, I meant to also grab a couple of packets of seeds to stick into one of the pockets. But, I forgot. Arghh. I didn't want to run out to the store again (and the birthday party was only a couple hours away), so I printed this fun sprout growing instructional from this site. Charlie is doing this at preschool right now, and I just love it! Plus, I love sprouts! Yum.


So I rolled the instructions up and tied them with some nice orange wool yarn. It looked okay. But, instead of obsessing about it, I decided to take a shower. I think it was a good choice.


And both birthday girls now have gardening aprons!.. And I need to cut our lawn!!


No comments:

Post a Comment