March 29, 2013

camera strap cover

A couple of weeks ago I finally tackled a project I've had on my to-do list for quite a while. A camera strap cover! 


I used LBG Studio's Camera Strap with Lens Cap Pocket Tutorial to make this super cute camera strap cover. It slides right over my existing camera strap for a perfect fit!


It goes without saying that this is a fantastic way to utilize a small sample of my abundance of fabric scraps. But, I can't say this enough: the lens cap pocket is pure genius. I am ALWAYS losing my lens cap. I'm sure that I'm not alone on that one!


Even though I found the patchwork strap to be totally adorable, I decided that I wanted something a little less busy for myself. So, I used just two fabrics for my second strap cover. I wish I could remember the name/designer of the red floral fabric - this was the very last scrap I had of it. I'm happy I'll be able to see it on a daily basis now. The black and white floral is Heidi Grace.


I am very pleased with how the lens cap pocket came out. What a fun little project! And a great gift to make!

You may be wondering what I'm going to do with that patchwork strap.... maybe I'll give it away! Stay tuned!

:) Shelly

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea! If you sell this out of your sweat shop I will definitely pick one up! :0)

    ReplyDelete