October 1, 2010

eeek! it's already october!

Tonight is the night that I will start sewing Halloween costumes. I can't believe it is October 1st already! It has been so long since I've been at my machine, and I just want you all to know that there is a good reason: We are building a house! Can you believe it? I can't. On Wednesday we knocked the existing house down on the property, and tomorrow the foundation will be dug. But the most fabulous part of this project is...

I will have a sewing room! Well, maybe not a *room*, but definitely an area. Anyways, it is no more corner-of-the-kitchen sewing nook for me (where I have to put everything away, every time I sew). I think my sewing area will even have a view! And, you know, it is probably best that I don't have walls in my area, because then it will be easier for me to sneakily expand my space at a slow rate so that a certain someone doesn't even know it is happening (insert maniacal laugh here).

Feel free to check out our progress on the house here. Wish us luck!

:) Shelly

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! sewing room! although honestly i think CD and Chris still hoped for us to craft diligently in the basement, sweatshop-style! ;)
    I cannot believe it is October already!! My brain has been too busy to even think of ideas for costumes. Send me suggestions if you think of any!

    ReplyDelete