May 26, 2010

Another Hobo Sack

My fingers are aching to get at my sewing machine (and the many projects in my queue), but my every attempt in this last week has been thwarted by a meeting of some sort to attend! I desperately need my sewing sanity! My evening schedule is about to clear up, though - then I'll be reacquainted with my machine and the big pile of fabric awaiting transformation.

I did manage to get a little sewing in yesterday when I helped Charlie make another Hobo Sack - this one as an end-of-year-thank-you for his preschool teacher, Teacher Tom.

Yep, this is the best photo I have of the sack. Pathetic, huh? I totally forgot to take a picture of the finished project before Charlie anxiously gifted it to his teacher. A cute shot of Charlie, though!

Charlie took this photo of the fabric he used - isn't it awesome?! I have another yard or so of it, and I'm wondering what I should do with it. Ideas?

This time we used ribbon for the drawstrings. We did this because Charlie got a little bit tired of sewing (sorry, Tom). It worked pretty well, though. Charlie also took this photo. I am actually embarrassed that my almost-4-year-old takes better pictures than I do.

What a goofball.

More projects coming soon - I've got a serious deadline for a couple of gifts and two capes for my friend Jo's auction. I better get cracking!

2 comments:

  1. I love my hobo sack! Thank you Charlie (and Shelly)!

    If you want a better picture, I'll have it at school tomorrow, although I like this one a lot. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what I can see of the bag it turned out good. My that Charlie sure can sew. Can't wait to see what's next!

    I just finished a dress for Madelynne, I'll post pics once I get them uploaded. My next projects are a purse for my Mom's b-day, bibs and something for a 1 year girl's birthday (any ideas)? Looking forward to seeing you soon.

    ReplyDelete